In this short guide, we will walk you through adding new content ("works") to your existing agreements with your collaborators. It's pretty simple!
1) Login to your Cosynd account and click on "Start New Agreement" on your dashboard.
Tell us what kind of content you have created and give your creation a name.
2) Select an existing team you've worked with before.
Read more about teams and collaborators:
3) Under "Add work(s) to an existing agreement," choose the agreement you want to add to.
4) Review the agreement to make sure it is the one you want to add your new work(s) to.
Cosynd will insert a new, temporary table into your agreement that contains the ownership splits that you want to propose for this work.
- Do you want the work to have the same ownership splits shown? If not, click on "edit" to propose new a new split structure for this work. If not, click on "next" and jump to step 6.
- Do you want to change the roles of your collaborators? You can change this later in this process or you can exit the process now to change roles. Click here to learn how to do this.
- Review the full text of your agreement by clicking on "View Agreement Text"
- Remember "Major Points To Know" may not be entirely accurate if this agreement was redlined by an attorney in the past. Review the full agreement text before proceeding.
5) If you clicked "edit" in step 4, click on each collaborator's name to enter your proposed ownership splits for this work here.
6) Take a moment to review your proposed addition and click on "Send" to send it to your collaborators to review.
7) Cosynd will notify you when your collaborators have agreed to your proposed splits for this work or if they have proposed alternatives. With their feedback, you can finalize the ownership structure for this work that will be added to your agreement.
From your dashboard under "Agreements," open your agreement. Cosynd will ask you if you want to finalize the ownership structure with the original splits and roles that you chose or if you want to change these. If you decide to change the splits and roles before finalizing, follow these steps:
1) Click on "Adjust My Proposal."
2) Enter alternative roles and ownership splits for each collaborator.
3) Click on "Continue" to save the changes.
Scroll down to the very end of this page and click "next" to save your progress.
Read more about agreements:
- How do I propose changes to an agreement?
- How do I view all of the proposed changes to an agreement?
8) The details of the new work that you have chosen to finalize will be listed in your agreement in red.
9) You will need to click on the "Finalize Now" button to allow your collaborators to sign off on the addition.
The new addition will not become a permanent part of your agreement until all of your collaborators provides their signature to indicate that they accept this addition. Click on "Finalize Now" to allow you and your collaborators to sign the agreement. Click on "next" to complete the finalization.
Read more about agreements:
10) Sign to accept the new addition.
To provide your signature, choose "Accepted" as your status update.
A popup window will appear that will allow you to provide your signature. You can type your signature, draw your signature, or upload an image of your signature to sign your agreement. After signing, click on "next" to save your signature.