In this short guide, we will walk you through reviewing and signing an agreement that your collaborator has invited you to. Let's get started!
1) Identify the type of agreement you have been sent and the content that it covers.
Cosynd can be used to create split sheets, premium ownership agreements and work for hire agreements. Click on "View Changelog + Agreement" to expand your agreement text.
- The agreement type will be listed at the top.
- The title(s) of the content that this agreement relates to will be listed next to "Work:"
Read more about agreement types:
2) Let's go through a quick tour of the Cosynd interface.
- Help Tips - On the far left you will see a section of helpful tips and answers to questions you might have. Click on each question to expand the answer.
- Tabs - the terms your collaborator has proposed are organized into tabs. Each tab covers a different term (clause) of your agreement.
- Accept/Propose Alternative Buttons - Options you can select to negotiate this agreement.
- Back/Continue Buttons - Use these to navigate through each tab.
- Chat Box - Chat with your collaborators about this agreement.
3) Review the terms your collaborator has proposed and either accept or suggest alternatives.
Use the back/continue buttons to navigate through each tab. In each tab, you will be presented with the terms that your collaborator is proposing to you. You can:
- View how your choices change the actual language of the agreement by clicking on "View Change log" and scrolling down to the section that matches the name of the tab you are in.
- Accept your collaborator's proposal - click on "Accept ____'s proposed terms."
- Propose an alternative term - click on "Propose an alternative" to view a list of alternate terms that you can suggest back to your collaborators. You will be able to see what all of your other collaborators have chosen as they go through this process too.
Click on "Continue" to navigate through all of the tabs. When finished, scroll down to the very end of this page and click on "next" to save your progress.
4) Cosynd will notify your the collaborator that invited you to Cosynd of your choices. Using your feedback, they will pick the terms for the final draft of the agreement.
- Wait for your the collaborator that invited you to tell you when they have picked the terms for the final draft of the agreement.
- Then, log back into your account, find your agreement on your dashboard and open it.
- Scroll down the very end of the "Deal Room" and click on "next" to view the final draft (note: if your collaborator also finalized this agreement for signing, you will be taken directly to this page when you open your agreement).
5) You will be presented with the full text of your agreement that includes all of the terms that your collaborator chose for the final draft.
If your collaborator changed any of the terms that they had originally proposed, you will see the change listed under "Change Log."
Here, you and your collaborators can invite attorneys to review/redline your agreement if you want to. Click on "Invite an attorney to review/redline" to invite your attorney if you wish to.
Note: Only attorneys are permitted to edit the text (redline) an agreement. If a change is made, 100% of collaborators/attorneys must agree to it before it becomes a permanent part of the agreement. For each clause, the most recent redline to be accepted by 100% of your team will replace the original agreement text. Changes that are not accepted by 100% of collaborators/attorneys will not appear in the final version of the agreement or the downloadable PDFs.
- How do I invite an attorney to review my agreement?
- What are "Major points to know"?
- What is a redline?
- How do I accept a change to the text of an agreement (redline)?
6) If there are no further changes or redlines, the collaborator that invited you to this agreement will need to finalize it by clicking on . Then, you can sign your agreement.
To sign your agreement, choose "Accepted" as your status update. You cannot unsign your agreement.
*Note, this dropdown box will not appear until the collaborator that invited you to this agreement has finalized it.
A popup window will appear that will allow you to sign your agreement. You can type your signature, draw your signature, or upload an image of your signature to sign your agreement. After signing, click on "next" to save your signature.
That's it! Once everyone has signed your agreement, be sure to download it from the Agreements section of your profile.