In this short guide, we will walk you through reviewing and signing an agreement that your collaborator has invited you to. Let's get started!
1) Identify the type of agreement you have been sent and the content that it covers.
Cosynd can be used to create split sheets, premium ownership agreements and work for hire agreements. Click on "View Changelog + Agreement" to expand your agreement text.
- The agreement type will be listed at the top.
- The title(s) of the content that this agreement relates to will be listed next to "Work:"
Read more about agreement types:
2) Let's go through a quick tour of the Cosynd interface.
- Help Tips - On the far left you will see useful help tips. Click to expand for helpful information.
- Tabs - the terms your collaborator has proposed are organized into tabs. Each tab covers a different term (clause) of your agreement.
- Accept/Propose Alternative Buttons - Options you can select to negotiate this agreement.
- Back/Continue Buttons - Use these to navigate through each tab.
- Chat Box - Chat with your collaborators about this agreement.
3) Review the terms your collaborator has proposed and either accept or suggest alternatives.
Use the Back/Continue buttons to navigate through each tab. In each tab, you will be presented with the terms that your collaborator is proposing to you. You can:
- View how your choices change the actual language of the agreement by clicking on "View Change log" and scrolling down to the section that matches the name of the tab you are in.
- Accept your collaborator's proposal - click on "Accept ____'s proposed terms."
- Propose an alternative term - click on "Propose an alternative" to view alternate terms that you can suggest to your collaborator.
Click on "Continue" to navigate through all of the tabs. When finished, scroll down to the very end of this page and click on "next" to save your progress.
4) Cosynd will notify your collaborator of your choices. Using your feedback, your collaborator will finalize the terms of the agreement for signing.
You will be notified when your collaborator has finalized your agreement.
5) You will be presented with the full draft of your agreement that includes all of the terms that your collaborator chose to finalize.
If your collaborator changed any of the terms that they had originally proposed, you will see the change listed under "Change Log."
Here, you and your collaborators can invite attorneys to review/redline your agreement if you wish to. Click on "Invite others to review/redline" to invite your attorney if you wish to.
Note: Only attorneys are permitted to edit the text (redline) an agreement. If a change is made, 100% of collaborators/attorneys must agree to it before it becomes a permanent part of the agreement. Changes that are not accepted by 100% of collaborators/attorneys will not appear in the final version of the agreement or the downloadable PDFs.
- How do I invite an attorney to review my agreement?
- What are "Major points to know"?
- What is a redline?
- How do I accept a change to the text of an agreement (redline)?
6) If there are no further changes, the collaborator that invited you to this agreement will need to finalize it. Then, you can sign your agreement.
To sign your agreement, choose "Accepted" as your status update. You cannot unsign your agreement.
*Note, this dropdown box will not appear until the collaborator that invited you to this agreement has finalized it.
A popup window will appear that will allow you to sign your agreement. You can type your signature, draw your signature, or upload an image of your signature to sign your agreement. After signing, click on "next" to save your signature.
That's it! Once everyone has signed your agreement, be sure to download it.