Copyright of the composition exists the moment a song is written and copyright of the sound recording exists the moment the song is recorded. However, that protection is limited unless you register your copyrights with the US Copyright Office. See here for the complete benefits of registering with the Copyright Office.
Articles in this section
- What is a copyright?
- What are the benefits to using Cosynd versus registering my music myself?
- What are the benefits to registering your copyrights?
- What are the rights of a copyright holder?
- I am not based in the US. Can I still register my works using Cosynd?
- Is music copyrighted once it’s created or published?
- What is "Poor man's copyright?"
- What is a “joint work?”
- What works can be protected by copyright?