In this short guide, we will walk you through the basics of creating agreements with your collaborators. Let's get started!
1) Login to your Cosynd account and click on "Start New Agreement" on your dashboard.
Tell us what kind of content you have created and give your creation a name.
Read more about work types:
2) Tell us who you have created your content with. Organize yourself and your collaborators into a new team or select an existing team you've worked with before.
Read more about teams and collaborators:
- What is a team?
- How do I create a new team?
- Who should I add to my team?
- How do I add a collaborator to my team?
- How do I change a collaborator's details?
3) Choose the type of agreement you want to create or add your content to an existing agreement you've created before.
Read more about agreement types:
- What types of agreements can I create with Cosynd?
- How to create a simple split sheet.
- How to create a premium ownership agreement.
- How to create a work for hire agreement.
4) We'll walk you through customizing your agreement - just answer a few questions for us. You can follow along by viewing how your choices affect the actual agreement text instantly!
- Click “Continue” to complete each tab of questions. Your answers will be used to build the terms of the agreement that will be proposed to your collaborators.
- You can view how your choices change the language of the agreement by clicking on "View Change log" and scrolling down to the section that matches the name of the tab you are in.
- Scroll down to the very end of the page and click on "next" to save your changes.
5) Take a moment to review your proposed agreement and click on "Send" to send it to your team for their review/input. We'll walk you and your collaborators through finalizing the agreement and signing it!
For more detailed instructions on how to complete specific agreements read:
- How to create a split sheet agreement
- How to create a premium ownership agreement
- How to create a work for hire agreement
- How to register your copyrights with the U.S. Copyright Office using Cosynd
- How to add new works to your existing agreements